Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Simple Solution: Fender Straps

Made some simple fender straps the other day to solve the problem of having the fenders roll off the deck in rough sea conditions...a very important addition to Orion's outfit taking into consideration that we will be leaving the dock for good within the next few weeks!

The fenders are too big to store below deck, and we did not want to spend lots of money on stainless steel fender baskets...sooooooo...here is my solution: I cut strips of Phifertex material that I had on board, attached snaps (remember my snap tool?) and fastened one of the fenders to the stanchion and the other three to the whisker pole...end of story :)

As a cute interlude I'ld like to mention that upon hearing about my project my son Michael's friend Ben send me a link to "fender straps"...only that he is a guitarist and "fender straps" have a little different meaning in the music/guitar world :)

Thank you Ben for making me chuckle :)

Ben's fender straps :)